Position Title: Accounting Administrator
Location: Arlington, VA
Report to: Managing Partners
Industry: Real Estate
Status: Full Time
- Support daily administrative functions and assist in the timely and accurate maintenance of the financial books and records of various real estate LLCs.
- Provide support and coordination of all office systems, conference rooms, communications, filing, and bookkeeping functions for multi-entity real estate investors.
- Prepare minutes for shareholders and directors’ meetings.
- Provide general administrative and finance support to support the Managing Partners’ business entities.
- Maintain calendar, update contacts and schedule appointments as necessary.
- Manage donations to nonprofits; filing all receipts and total amounts donated.
- Use recommended software systems (QuickBooks Pro online and others) to achieve greater efficiency for financial activities such as ACH payment processing, bank statement consolidation, and bill payment.
- Monitor, review and verify accounting records and transactions for accuracy, timeliness and adequacy of supporting documentation.
- Allocate credit card expenses to the various companies and categories.
- Reconcile bank statements monthly and scan cancelled checks from bank website.
- Process payroll biweekly for two small entities.
- Reconcile operating accounts.
- Prepare workers compensation audit reports.
- Draft correspondence to CPAs, attorneys and other business contacts.
- Interact with outside accounting firms to ensure accurate and timely tax filings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field; preferably Accounting, Finance or Business Management.
- Minimum four years administrative and accounting and/or finance experience.
- Experience with Adobe, Word and Outlook.
- QuickBooks Online preferred.
- Advanced skills with MS Excel.
- Comfortable working with both a Mac and a PC preferred.
- Ability to work independently on projects and demonstrate decisive judgment.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills with a respectful, positive, professional presentation style.
- Effectively present information and provide timely and courteous service to internal and external customers.
- Strong initiative and follow-through to complete projects.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience and education. Free parking and excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401(k) and generous PTO plan.