Position Title: Accounting / Billing Specialist
Industry: Law Firm / Legal Services
Location: NW Washington, DC
Reports to: Office Administrator
Status: Full Time, Direct Hire, 37.50 hours weekly
Accounting / Billing Specialist Position Summary:
- Perform a variety of accounting and finance support activities.
- Maintain contact with attorneys, staff, vendors and clients and observe confidentiality of client and firm matters.
- Compile and bill attorney hours to clients on a monthly basis.
- Review and edit pre-bills.
- Apply retainer funds.
- Process write-offs.
- Review and verify accuracy of billing and supporting documentation as required.
- Research and respond to inquiries regarding billing issues.
- Create new billing formats as needed.
- Create billing schedules and various other billing analyses as required.
- Create and distribute monthly billing reports.
- Communicate as necessary with clients regarding delinquent invoices.
- Perform internal conflict checks.
- Maintain and update firm billing policies.
Accounting / Legal Billing Specialist Qualifications Summary:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance with a minimum of one year relative accounting experience OR a minimum of 5 years accounting experience required.
- Law firm experience is a plus, but not required.
- A team player with exceptional attention to detail.
- Hands-on experience with billing and/or collections.
- Experience with reconciliation, accounts payable and/or accounts receivable desired.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- PC Law software experience an asset; willing to train.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimal direction, follow up on own initiative, and complete project assignments independently and on time.
Salary is commensurate with education, training, and years of experience. Typical schedule is Monday-Friday from 9:30AM to 6PM with an hour lunch break. Any hours worked beyond 37.50 are considered overtime pay. Medical, dental and 401(k) offered. Generous PTO plan and all federal holidays off.