Position Title: Accounting Coordinator
Location: Washington, DC (NW)
Industry: Law Firm
Department: Accounting & Finance
Status: Direct Hire, Full Time, Non-Exempt
Jones Networking is recruiting for an entry level Accountant with a General Practice Law Firm in Washington, DC. Our client offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits to include comprehensive healthcare coverage, 401(k) with employer match, flexible spending account, generous vacation package, growth opportunities, and many other Firm benefits.
Accounting Coordinator Position Summary:
- Ensure the accurate set up and maintenance of the Firm’s client billing and matter database, including opening and closing matters, tracking engagement letters, updating client and matter information as requested by billing attorneys, billing secretaries, and billing analysts.
- Respond to financial questions regarding client and matter information.
- Responsible for the accurate set up and maintenance of client billing files.
- Update iManage with new business forms and billing engagement letters.
- Perform research and respond to inquiries from billing partners, clients, Client Accounts Manager and others, as requested.
- Provide back-up assistance for the set up and maintenance of employee identification numbers, cost exception rates, and task & activity codes.
- Enter client accruals and timekeeper rates into billing software, Elite.
Accounting Coordinator Qualifications Summary:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business required.
- Work experience or internship in an accounting or finance related position required.
- Law firm accounting experience is a plus.
- Billing experience is helpful.
- Experience with Elite or comparable accounting software.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.