Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Industry: Law Firm / Legal Services
Location: Alexandria, VA
Status: Direct Hire, Full Time, Monday – Friday from 8:30AM-5PM (One hour lunch break. Salaried with a 37.50 hour work week)
We’re recruiting for a self-motivated Administrative Assistant to support the Office Administrator of a fast-paced Law Firm in Old Town Alexandria! Our client offers competitive salary, and amazing benefits to include; medical, dental, vision, generous vacation package, free parking, profit sharing, 401(k) and much more!
Administrative Assistant Position Summary:
- Provide administrative support to the Office Administrator and support the Executive Committee upon request.
- Schedule domestic and international travel arrangements for Firm Partners.
- Coordinate Law Firm events such as holiday parties, luncheons, Partner events, Client events, etc.
- Compose, edit, and proofread legal documents, correspondence, and reports.
- Manage busy calendar and relay updates and changes to all appropriate individuals.
- Provide back up coverage to front desk upon request.
- File and maintain confidential employee information.
Administrative Assistant Qualifications Summary:
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of one year experience performing administrative support in an office setting or minimum three years administrative assistant experience.
- Event planning experience preferred.
- Experience arranging travel for senior executives an asset.
- High level of initiative and ability to exercise judgment and discretion and make decisions independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under competing deadlines.
- Law firm experience is a plus.
- Availability to work overtime for scheduled firm events upon request.