Position Title: Assistant Community Manager
Reports To: General Manager
Location: Washington, DC (NW)
Status: Direct Hire, Full Time
Industry: Community Association Management
Historic Residential Community in NW DC has a great opportunity for an experienced community association professional. Our client offers competitive salary, excellent benefits, free parking, a healthy work / life balance and many other perks!
Assistant Community Manager Position Summary
- Assist with the daily management of all office and financial operations using the following databases; Building Link, Key Link Systems, MS Office Suite and maintenance inventory systems.
- Assist General Manager in analyzing information and reporting to the Board of Directors on a wide-range of operational, infrastructure, financial, customer service and corporate items.
- Interface with external accounting firm to ensure efficient coordination of processes, and the timely transfer of information between organizations.
- Oversee personnel administration to include payroll, benefits and on-boarding activities.
- Organize and draft reports for Board of Directors and committee meetings.
- Confirm routine preventative maintenance work on an ongoing basis.
- Attend evening meetings with the Board of Directors as necessary.
- Receive and print monthly billing statements.
- Assist General Manager in hiring, payroll, training and staff administration.
- Perform background checks and employment verifications on new employees.
- Provide staff supervision in the absence of the General Manager.
Assistant Community Manager Qualifications Summary
- Minimum three years relevant experience in Community Management.
- Professional Community Association Management experience desired.
- AMS (Association Management Specialist) or CMCA (Certified Manager of Community Associations) an asset.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relative field.
- Ability to provide effective leadership; supervisory experience preferred.
- Financial management / budgeting skills.
- Knowledge of Human Resource compliance, rules, and regulations for on-boarding, tracking, and maintaining personnel information.
- Payroll experience is a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, as well as Building Link and/or Key Link Systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.