Position Title: Assistant Director of Business Development
Location: Washington, DC (NW)
Industry: Law Firm / Legal Services
Reports to: Director of Business Development
Status: Full Time Direct Hire, Exempt
Jones Networking is recruiting for an Assistant Director of Business Development to support the Marketing Department of a Global Law Firm. The primary responsibility of this position is to oversee and support the development and implementation of strategic business initiatives aimed at bringing on new clients, as well as strengthening existing client relationships.This role will supervise a team of Business Development professionals, as well as Regulatory Business Development Managers. Our client offers a highly competitive salary, excellent benefits to include comprehensive healthcare coverage, 401(k) with employer match, flexible spending account, employee assistance programs, bonus opportunity, generous vacation package, all federal holidays off, and many other benefits.
Assistant Director of Business Development Position Summary:
- Collaborate with key attorney stakeholders and business development team members to develop annual business plans for the Firm’s Regulatory Groups.
- Develop and monitor all supporting marketing and business development budgets for the regulatory practices and review monthly budget reports to assess return on investment.
- Work with business development team members and key attorney stakeholders to identify client targets.
- Work directly with attorneys on tailored outreach plans to reach targets with an aim to generate new business.
- Prepare client-specific pitches and proposals and conduct preparatory sessions with attorneys prior to client meetings.
- Leverage firm’s Market Research team to analyze market opportunities and to assist attorneys/groups in preparation for client meetings as well as pitches and RFP responses.
- Work with the Relationship Manager program to maintain and expand relationships with targeted clients.
- Provide one-on-one business development coaching to attorneys, and conduct client development-related training sessions for regulatory practice groups.
- Identify and evaluate sponsorship and speaking opportunities at conferences and seminars and ensure effective participation.
- Develop and manage website content, client memorandum, newsletters, brochures and other external communication pieces related to relevant practices and geographic initiatives.
- Produce effective client events following firm and industry best practices.
Assistant Director of Business Development Qualifications Summary:
- Bachelor’s Degree required. MBA or JD a plus.
- Minimum five years of marketing and/or business development manager-level experience supporting multiple practice groups or a cross-practice industry group for a large global law firm.
- Demonstrated background of accomplishment in marketing and business development.
- Exceptional leadership skills.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and competing priorities while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Strong technical abilities to market the practice group using websites, databases, and knowledge management tools.