Automation Controls Engineer
Rock Hill, South Carolina
Jones Networking is seeking an Automation Controls Engineer to join a well established and growing manufacturing company in Rock Hill, SC. The company offers a 100% paid medical and dental insurance and life and short term disability insurance, 401K match from day one, PTO and a company shut down between Christmas and New Year’s.
Responsibilities of the Automation Controls Engineer:
– Responsible for new product introduction (NPI) that entails bringing customer products from initial planning to a final product that meets customers’ requirements.
– Apply technical skills to all facets of the project (equipment specification, control system design, process equipment, etc.)
– Develop machine tools and machine processes using Laser Ablation, Laser Drilling and/or Electro-Discharge Machining (EDM).
– Responsible for the improvement and automation of machines.
– Identify and evaluate new technologies that can be incorporated into the existing processes to improve them and/or reduce cost.
– Apply automation solutions to enhance machine tools and processes.
– Demonstrate and train customers on machine tools and/or machine tool processes.
Requirements of the Automation Controls Engineer:
– Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar degree. (Equivalent work experience will also be considered.)
– 5+ years’ experience with 5-axis machine tool controls. Heidenhain experience would be an advantage.
– Knowledge of electrical circuits and experience with controls engineering and programming is required.
– Familiar with programmable logic controller (PLC) and Human Machine Interface (HMI) software.
– Experience in industrial automation/manufacturing environment.
– Ability to read and interpret electrical drawings to interface with machine tool I/O.
– Ability to demonstrate an analytical approach to problem solving. Identify, analyze, and solve problems with practical solutions.
– Project management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and deliver completed tasks under tight deadlines.
– Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
– Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
– Strong planning and organization skills, ability to multi-task and deal with a varied workload.
Compensation and Benefits of the Automation Controls Engineer:
– Competitive Salary.
– 100% Employer paid medical and dental coverage for the employee, along with a percentage paid for spouses and dependents. 100% Employer paid life insurance and short term disability insurance.
– 401(k) plan with very generous company match in which funds are immediately vested from day one.
– Paid vacation of two weeks, plus five personal days per year; along with yearly holiday shutdown from Christmas through New Year’s.