Position Title: Benefits Specialist
Department: Human Resources / HR
Location: Washington, DC (NW)
Industry: Law Firm / Legal Services
Status: Full Time, Direct Hire
We’re recruiting for an experienced Human Resources Benefits Specialist for a DC Law Firm. Our client offers a competitive salary along with excellent benefits that include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with match, pre-tax transportation benefits, flexible spending account, three weeks vacation, all Federal holidays off and much more!
HR Benefits Specialist Position Summary:
- Assist with the daily administration of all benefits programs.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all health, welfare and retirement plan eligibility and enrollment requirements.
- Respond to benefits inquiries from attorneys in a timely and professional manner.
- Conduct Benefits Orientations for attorneys and serve as the back-up for staff orientation as needed.
- Process vendor billing and coordinate payments.
- Monitor Flexible Spending Account by serving as primary contact for funding and claim documentation review.
- Oversee all Parental Leave processing and Workers Compensation claim filing process for attorneys and staff employees.
- Support COBRA and Retiree Billing administrative process to include collection and processing of monthly COBRA premium remittance, review monthly reports for past due payments and coordinate follow-up.
- Monitor HSA Account administration.
- Assist with administration of Long Term Disability program.
- Interface and communicate with all Firm personnel on all levels of benefits issues and inquiries.
- Maintain and update Benefits Intranet website.
- Coordinate and participate in all Benefits Open Enrollment activities.
HR Benefits Specialist Qualifications Summary:
- Minimum two years benefits administration experience for a minimum of 50 employees.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Law firm experience desired.
- Strong presentation skills; confident, knowledgeable and articulate.
- Extremely organized and attentive to detail.