Job Title: Bond Analyst, Surety
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Industry: Commercial Insurance
Work Hours: 8:00AM – 5:00PM
The Bond Analyst, Surety is responsible for creating and maintaining relationships with all surety clients and underwriters, servicing and invoicing their contract and miscellaneous needs, and obtaining current financial and other pertinent information for the surety company. Also, is responsible for executing bid, performance, payments and other bonds in a timely manner which is consistent with state and federal laws, company policies and procedures.
– Develops complete client information and applications for new and renewal business under the direction of the Producer, Senior Account Executive, or Account Executive. Identifies and requests renewal exposures. Guides clients through the renewal process, in conjunction with the Producer, Senior Account Executive, or Account Executive, and submits requests to carriers according to the renewal process timetable, follows up with carrier underwriters and completes the appropriate renewal per Agency procedures. Reviews experience modifiers.
– Processes and executes all bid, performance, payment, licensing and miscellaneous bonds. Ensures that these items are given to client in a timely manner. Initiates appropriate correspondence with carriers and clients. Responds to requests from clients and surety companies.
– Maintains files with proper records according to company procedures. Maintains good internal file audit results.
– Assists in the development of strong business relationships with appropriate insurance carrier personnel. Recognizes and satisfies carrier goals and objectives in order to enhance business relationships.
– Ensures accuracy of account information for both new and renewal bonds and changes, and enters these transactions to generate billing invoices in a timely manner.
– 3+ years Commercial Lines and Surety experience; Insurance agency experience preferred.
– Active VA Property & Casualty Insurance License.
– Strong organizational/multi-tasking skills, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills.
– Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel).
– Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced team environment.
– Familiarity with or ability to learn proprietary applications/databases (TAM / EPIC) is helpful.
– College degree is preferred but not required.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits offered.