|Position Title: Building Engineer – Entry Level
Industry: Commercial Property Management
Reports To: Chief Engineer
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Direct hire, Full time
- Assist with the maintenance of HVAC systems, electrical systems, plumbing systems, boiler systems, control systems, and their support equipment.
- Respond to tenant service requests and work on special projects assigned by the Chief Engineer.
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment such as filter changes, lubrication, inspection, and adjustment of belts and pulleys, cleaning of boiler and condenser tubes, cooling tower maintenance, ballast replacement and bearing replacement.
- Regularly checks and records temperature, pressure, water flow, air flow, and chemical readings.
- Performs tasks required to correct emergency conditions. (sewer back-ups, water infiltration, etc.)
- Performs snow and ice removal from exterior of building as well as locksmith responsibilities.
- Assist with painting and other remodeling support as needed.
- Minimum two years experience in a trade (plumbing, electrical, HVAC, etc.) or vocational schooling.
- Knowledge of the use of tools needed to perform work on electrical and mechanical systems.
- Solid understanding of HVAC Systems Controls.
- Technical skills in the areas of: plumbing (pipe cutting, resolution of sewer back-up problems, etc.) electrical systems (wiring, tracing out bad circuits, etc.) HVAC systems, pneumatics, fire and life safety systems.
- Working knowledge of air and water balancing.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Ability to meet work standards and varying work schedules as necessary.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with tenants, vendors and property management personnel.
- Fluency in Spanish is an asset.
- High school diploma or general education degree.
- Basic electrical and basic refrigeration experience.
Free parking. Metro accessible. Excellent benefits offered. Tuition reimbursement. Approximately 37,000-40,000 annually.