Position Title: Business Solutions Quality Analyst
Location: Baltimore, MD
Business Solutions Quality Analyst Position Summary:
Our client is seeking a very technical, talented Business Solutions Quality Analyst who would be responsible for for working with the company Information Systems team and business subject matter experts to gain the knowledge to perform the requirements gathering, to develop test cases, scenarios and scripts and coordinate and manage and report metrics on testing events within the company Information Systems in order to maximize efficiency and quality.
This Position will be responsible for the dynamic portfolio of company information systems. The position will work primarily with HP Quality Center, Panaya Testing Tools, Microsoft Office Suite, JIRA, and Confluence tools, as well as other testing tools that may be adopted by the team from time to time as well as perform system requirements gathering and documentation. The position will collaborate with other managers. Work will be reviewed by supervisor and subject matter experts. The position works at a high degree of independence.
Business Solutions Quality Analyst Responsibilities:
- Work with sponsors and users to define project scope and objectives. Conduct user interviews for requirements gathering. Analyze business problems and propose appropriate automated solutions, business processes and procedures. Research and recommend system design and enhancements to minimize costs and maximize system use
- Work closely with project managers and project team to provide testing timelines and status as well as requirements gathering
- Create test strategy based on the analysis of design document and requirements
- Design test plans for projects and work with project teams and business partners to obtain approval
- Facilitate integrated testing of business solutions. Create test plans, coordinate testing, data validation sessions and conduct unit and functional testing. Ensure that requirements, design and testing documentation meet department standards
- Generate test scripts and perform test analysis. Test scripts will be manual or automated.
- Execute some functional and technical tests according to test plans and scripts, document results, and quickly identify, communicate and/or troubleshoot issues. Facilitate data governance to ensure responsibilities for content owners are clearly defined and communicated. Work with vendors to resolve problems, as needed
- Report test results and metrics to management and team in timely matter
Business Solutions Quality Analyst Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least 5 or more years of business requirement gathering experience and/or hands-on experience with system / integration / user acceptance testing (automated and manual)
- Knowledge of and experience with the student information systems or higher education industry (preferred)
- Knowledge of and experience performing the requirements gathering (required)
- Knowledge of and experience working in the Agile development and requirement gathering team(s) (required)
- Knowledge of and experience using HP Quality Center or Cypress (required)
- Knowledge of and experience using Microsoft SharePoint (preferred)
- Knowledge of and experience using Confluence (preferred)
- Knowledge of and experience using Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio (required)
- Knowledge of and experience using Microsoft SQL Server (required)
- Knowledge of and experience using Panaya testing tools (preferred)
- Knowledge of and experience using Cross Browser Testing tools (required