Position Title: Case Manager / Personal Injury
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Industry: Law Firm
Reports To: Case Management Supervisor
FLSA Class: Non-Exempt
The Case Manager will provide World Class Customer Service via telephone to all clients of the firm by educating and guiding clients throughout the case process and ensuring they are receiving medical treatment on a regular basis. The Case Manager advises clients of possible problems with gaps in treatment, over and under treatment, lost wages, out of work notes, changing providers and dual treatment. The Case Manager will initiate a telephone call to new clients within 5 days of the initial Set-up. The second call will be placed within 21 days of sign-up and then every thirty days thereafter unless the client requests more frequent contact. The Case Manager is also responsible for documenting all conversations with clients, adjusters, medical providers, etc. in Needles.
1. Confirm insurance coverage with adjusters.
2. Verify pre-existing conditions, injuries and/or treatment.
3. Submit lost wages and verify out of work notes for reimbursement.
4. Verify with the client if WC was filed and obtain pertinent WC information; document according to firm protocols and notify Subrogation Specialist of WC lien.
5. Communicate with the Medical department new treating provider names and telephone numbers immediately after being made aware and request letters of representation to be sent.
6. Ensure the case is moving in a timely manner throughout the process.
7. Scan into Needles and file hard copies of pertinent information to include:
• Denial letters, declaration pages, PD photos
• Copies of recorded statements given to adjusters.
8. Upon release of treatment, the Case Manager is responsible for:
• Confirmation of client’s current mailing address, providers, lost wages, prescriptions, health insurance information, PD and BI photos Noting the narrative u sing the “release” topic
• Communicating with the Medical Department personnel with client’s release information.
1. Provide back up coverage to Property Damage Specialist.
2. Handle automobile Intake calls.
3. Occasionally responsible for new client sign-up appointments.
1. Education: AA degree in Business or related field or equivalent and relevant work experience.
2. At least 3-5 years of Personal Injury experience in a legal environment.
3. Prior experience with auto insurance and/or insurance terminology a plus.
4. Working knowledge of Needles system a plus.
5. Proficiency working with Microsoft Office Suite.
6. Strong desire to work with people.
7. Pleasant telephone voice and etiquette.
8. Attention to detail.
9. Ability to multi-task.
10. Ability to diffuse, recognize and offer problem resolution to irate clients.
11. Good listening skills and compassion.
38,000-40,000/annually, depending on experience. Excellent benefits offered.