Commercial / Retail Construction Project Manager
Charlotte, North Carolina
Currently seeking a Commercial / Retail Construction Project Manager for an opportunity in Charlotte, NC. The ideal candidate will have 8+ years of project management in commercial (big box) construction.
Responsibilities of the Commercial / Retail Construction Project Manager:
– Evaluate and execute the project life cycle, including acquisition, development, financing, construction, commissioning, and transitioning to the operations team.
– Collaborate closely with representatives from other internal business units such as engineering, construction, accounting, and finance.
– Successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Requirements of the Commercial / Retail Construction Project Manager:
– Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management required.
– 8+ years’ experience in project management, construction, cost estimating, and project scheduling for retail construction.
– Commercial construction experience required.
– Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) experience required.
– Cost estimating, scheduling, and customer interfacing.
– Strong understanding of prime contract and subcontract language.
– Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
– Flexible schedule and willingness to travel.
– Proven analytical skills and ability to synthesize information, organizational skills, and flexibility in managing several projects concurrently.
– Ability to manage priorities and see that they are set, communicated, and monitored regularly by clients and internal staff.
– Demonstrates a high level of performance in project budgeting, scheduling, construction and consultant management.
– Familiarity with MS Project and web-based project management tools.
– Highest professional standards; excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
– Ability to perform successfully under high levels of accountability for safety, schedule and budget performance.
– Strong leadership skills including the ability to create positive change and deliver results.
– Strong analytical skills and strategic mindset.
– Ability to travel domestically and internationally is required (approximately 25-50%).
Compensation and Benefits Summary of the Commercial / Retail Construction Project Manager:
– Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
– Medical, dental and vision insurance
– Generous 401(k) retirement plan.
– Strong company culture, mission and values.
– Travel involved.