Position Title: Conflicts Analyst
Location: Washington, DC
Industry: Law Firm
Reports to: Director of Conflicts
Status: Full Time, Direct Hire
Jones Networking is recruiting for a Conflicts Analyst in the Washington, DC office of a Global Law Firm. This role is responsible for monitoring new business submissions for potential conflicts of interest. The Conflicts Analyst will also be responsible for reviewing, analyzing and summarizing conflict reports associated with prospective business to identify potential conflicts of interest and review for updates to existing matters to identify potential conflicts. Our client offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits to include comprehensive healthcare coverage, 401(k) with employer match, flexible spending account, health savings account, generous vacation package, paid parental leave programs, growth opportunities, and many other Firm benefits.
Conflicts Analyst Position Summary:
- Monitor the new business intake workflow from the US and international offices for new submissions requiring processing and perform appropriate actions.
- Analyze and summarize conflict reports associated with prospective business to identify potential conflicts of interest.
- Initiate conflicts clearance process with other conflicts staff members.
- Assist Supervising Partners in clearing potential conflicts of interest.
- Review conflict reports for updates to existing matters to identify potential conflicts and reports on same to the Conflicts Counsel or the Supervising Partner as directed.
- Review conflicts reports on current and former clients and current adverse parties of potential lateral hires, summarize potential conflicts of interest and reports on same to the Conflicts Counsel, Attorney Recruiting or the sponsoring Partner as directed.
- Assist with establishing and maintaining ethical screens within firm system.
- Perform quarterly client / matter closures as necessary.
- Maintain files for Consent and/or Engagement letters to include updating Elite database as appropriate.
Conflicts Analyst Qualifications Summary:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relative field is required.
- Minimum three years of prior law firm experience working in conflicts required.
- Ability to work successfully in a deadline intensive environment.
- Exceptional organizational skills and a strong client service orientation.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to tactfully interact with all levels of firm personnel and external contacts.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite. Agile Point Workflow and Intapp Open experience desired.