Position Title: Consumer Loan Officer
Location: Herndon, Virginia
Industry: Financial Services
Status: Full time
- Assist customers with processing loan applications
- Work with clients to identify their financial goals and assist with obtaining goals
- Interview and counsel loan applicants and provide exceptional customer service
- Provide detailed information on all types of loans offered as well as interest rates, collateral requirements, terms, and all other products and services that will benefit the customer
- May refer loans to the Senior Loan Officer for approval
- Cross-sell other products and services such as Life and Disability Insurance, Auto Warranty and GAP protection
- Transfer loans from other financial institutions while processing loans for members
- Communicate loan decision to clients
- Prepare documents and thoroughly review with members to close the loan
- Review approved applications to determine that all conditions have been met prior to funding
- Effectively communicate loan policies to customers
- Up to date knowledge of loan funding and documentation procedures
- Experience with Debt Management Programs (Balance and Debt In Focus)
- Knowledge of Lending regulations including ECOA (Regulation B), Truth-in-Lending (Regulation Z) and Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
- Knowledge of current lending industry software and terminology
- Ability to quickly calculate payment schedules
- Keep current on new types of loans and other financial services and products in order to better meet client needs.
- Ensure highest quality and accuracy of loan documents.
- Experience with one or more of the following: LoansPQ, Power Center, EIC (Enterprise Interaction Client), Certegy (secure email), Fidelity (credit cards), ePort credit reporting, Nada Guides, Auto Warranty and GAP programs
- Availability to work a flexible schedule of 8AM-4:30PM, 9:30AM-6PM or 10:45AM-7:15PM Monday through Friday and rotating Saturdays from 9AM-1PM (40 hour work week)
Competitive salary commensurate with years of experience and education. Excellent benefits, free parking and generous PTO plan. The selected applicant will will undergo a background and credit check. US citizenship is required.