Position Title: Copywriter / Content Marketing Specialist
Location: Reston, VA
Reports to: Vice President of Marketing
Status: Full time, Temporary to hire
- Create and write high quality online and print / media content.
- Write concise and professional copy for marketing and advertising content including: direct mail, press releases, email campaigns, presentations, websites, social media, SEM, SEO, landing pages, blog articles and videos.
- Determine sources for content creation, conduct keyword researches and interpret Google Analytics to identify content gaps, assign keywords to pages, and optimize existing pages.
- Deliver compelling content for company website and marketing / advertising efforts.
- Measure content performance including individual content metrics, ROI of content marketing initiatives and work with VP to apply this insight into future programs and tactics.
- Remain current with up-to-date industry trends for the website and social media platforms
- Remain current with changes regarding SEO and major search engines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, English, Journalism, Communications or related field.
- Minimum three years marketing / editorial digital communications experience.
- Excellent communicator, writer and analytical thinker.
- Experience writing for SEO, using SEO optimization tools and knowledge of search ranking and optimization factors along with solid understanding of ethical techniques and best practices in SEO content development.
- Experience with WordPress, HTML, CSS, MS Office Suite, site architecture and other common digital tools preferred.
- Knowledge of the HubSpot Content Optimization System to blog and produce smart CTAs according to visitor lifecycle stage is an asset.
Approximately 55,000-60,000 annually. Excellent benefits offered. Tuition reimbursement. Free parking. Health club on site, and many other perks!