San Francisco, California
Jones Networking is recruiting for a Data Scientist to join a Strategic Consultant Firm to work on-site in San Francisco, CA. This position requires experience within the compliance domain, financial crimes and/or anti-money laundering.
Responsibilities Summary of the Data Scientist:
– Work on client specific projects and will be expected to understand the client data architecture.
– Utilize different technical skills and a variety of tools to generate actionable insights by developing dashboards, writing analytical, quantitative and inferential reports.
– Build predictive models to solve key business problems or to gauge model effectiveness.
– Build data pipelines to process big data efficiently from various client data sources.
– Focus shall remain on solving business problems using a data-driven analytical approach.
– Deal with ambiguity yet providing a structured approach to resolve client’s business issues will be a key requirement in this client facing role.
– Understanding the client objectives and managing client expectations on projects.
– Independently work with the client to scope and deliver on projects as a part of a larger team.
– As part of a larger team, align requirements on different work streams and tasks assigned by the client.
– Make significant contributions to the design of the analytical approach and work plan.
– Responsible for smooth project operations, overall project quality and productivity of teams.
Qualifications Summary of the Data Scientist:
– Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, preferably Computer Science, or a Degree in Statistics / Mathematics with experience in Coding or equivalent.
– Master’s Degree with a focus in Operations Research, Econometrics or MBA equivalent with analytical electives.
– At least 2-4 years of relevant experience as a Data Scientist with experience in productionizing and building data pipelines with domain expertise in payments compliance
– OFAC Sanctions / Anti-Money Laundering.
– Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts, including regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc., and experience with applications.
– Knowledge of machine learning techniques, including clustering / decision tree learning, is a plus.
– Proficiency in SQL, Python and Tableau.
– Prior experience in tuning Sanctions, AML and RR models is highly preferred.
– Experience with suites including CSI watchdog, FIRCO, etc.
– Experience in developing dashboards and metrics for payments compliance.
– Experience with building and tuning predictive models and system implementation.
– Experience with Customer Risk Scoring, Customer Risk Rating is a plus.
Compensation and Benefits Summary for the Data Scientist:
– Competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
– Health benefits including medical, dental and vision.
– On-site amenities including catered lunches, etc.