Director of Human Resources
Charlotte, North Carolina
Jones Networking is recruiting for a Director of Human Resources to join a Law Firm in Charlotte, NC. The Law Firm offers a competitive salary plus bonuses, generous health and wellness benefits, life and disability insurance as well as paid time off. This is a full-time, in-office position.
Responsibilities of the Director of Human Resources:
– Responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resources function.
– Drive and facilitate organizational change, guide and manage HR services, policies and programs for the firm.
– Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy.
– Maintain knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensure firm’s compliance with federal, state and local employment regulations.
– Continually review and make recommendations to COO/CFO and Managing Partner for improvement of the organization’s policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters.
– Communicate changes in the firm’s personnel policies and procedures and ensure fair and consistent application throughout the firm.
– Oversee compensation and benefits plan administration.
– Conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
– Consult with legal counsel on personnel matters, as appropriate.
– Train and coach supervisors and managers on people-management issues, including performance management, disciplinary process, training & development, employee relations, etc.
– Coordinate recruiting effort for all exempt and non-exempt positions within the firm.
– Supervise HR department staff.
Qualifications Summary of the Director of Human Resources:
– Bachelor’s Degree in HR or a related field is required.
– Minimum of at least 10 years of exempt-level Human Resources experience.
– SPHR and/or SHRM/SCP Certification required.
– Experience using Paylocity or relevant software.
– Demonstrate a high degree of initiative and follow-through.
– Excellent oral and written communication skills.
– Strong organizational and time-management skills.
– Assertive, self-starter.
– Ability to prioritize job responsibilities to accommodate an ever-changing, fast-paced environment.
– Knowledge of Microsoft Windows / Office and ability to learn and use various software programs.
Compensation and Benefits Summary of the Director of Human Resources:
– Competitive salary offered.
– Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
– Base life insurance paid by the firm plus supplemental options.
– Short and long-term disability paid by the firm.
– 401(k) with match.
– 20 days of PTO to start plus holidays and paid volunteer time.
If you’re ready to take the next step towards an exciting new career, visit www.jonesnet.com to view all of our current openings in Washington, DC, Baltimore, MD, and Charlotte, NC.