Position Title: Director of Solar Sales
Location: North Charlotte, North Carolina
Industry: Solar Industry
Reports To: CEO and CFO
– Responsible for implementing effective sales and growth strategies.
– The Director of Solar Sales will represent the Company with the highest level of professionalism to customer, suppliers, and investors.
– Deliver profitable revenue growth through aggressive sales that meets or exceeds business targets.
– Drive improvements in the sales process and organization to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the team.
– Monitor and analyze individual account strategies and marketing plans in support of individual account growth.
– Encompass a full understanding of the company products, services and warranties.
– Collaborate with cross-functional teams for all commercial projects.
– Provide Sales Managers with account growth strategies when needed.
– Provide ongoing coaching, feedback and training to enhance sales team’s success.
– Forecast and maintain the budget for the team and plan targeted on emerging markets and executables.
– Effectively respond with company proposals to win client projects.
– Effectively increase the company’s client base.
– Developing Key Performance Indicators to measure company sales and future endeavors.
– Maintain accurate client information and analytics through the use of Microsoft Dynamics CRM system.
– At minimum, a Bachelor’s degree.
– At least 5-10 years experience working in the solar industry, preferably commercial sized projects.
– A proven and substantial book of established business.
– Relationships with major buyers of solar services including utilities, developers, and investors.
– Knowledge of the Sandler Sales techniques a plus.
– Strong understanding of sales cycles, long term contact and CRM management.
– A solid understanding commercial project development processes, from project origination, to development, financing, EPC, and operation.
– Contract negotiations experience and a working knowledge of major commercial, legal, and technical risks associated with contracts.
– Experience in building and managing a team in a growth environment.
– Ability to develop and manage strategic relationships with customers.
– Flexible and able to react to change in a positive, constructive manner.
– Previous experience in negotiating with large-scale customers.
– Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
– A very outgoing and personable personality is required.
– Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
– Professional verbal and written communication skills.
Salary and Benefits:
– Salary is commensurate with experience.
– Medical, Vision and Dental, PTO and Retirement Plan offered.
– Up to 50% Travel Required.