Position Title: Employee Relations Manager
Department: Human Resources
Location: Alexandria, Virginia
Report to: VP, Human Resources
Status: Full time, Direct hire
Employee Relations Manager Position Summary:
- Responsible for preparing correspondence, spreadsheets, and a variety of standard and specialized reports of varying complexity, researching and analyzing information, and conducting and completing surveys.
- Maintain the HR Division’s file system regarding discipline, grievances, settlement and release agreements.
- Monitor disciplinary actions to ensure consistency.
- Maintain effective working relationships with other departments, as well as internal and external agencies.
- Provide assistance in labor negotiations and assists in analyzing the impact of negotiation proposals.
- Assist the HR Management Team in preparing material and conducting training of supervisory personnel in matters pertaining to disciplinary actions, grievance procedures and labor agreements.
- May function in a wide variety of situations requiring application of skills in employee counseling, fact finding, and facilitation between employee/manager relationships.
- Make recommendations for changes to existing policies to ensure compliance with new or proposed regulations.
- Investigate and respond to disciplinary matters, EEOC complaints; investigates internal and external complaints/grievances/inquiries.
- Assist and participate in conducting pre-disciplinary meetings.
Employee Relations Manager Qualifications Summary:
- Minimum three years relative experience in Human Resources Employee Relations / Labor Relations, employee grievances, mediation and conflict resolution.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; preferably with a focus in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Business Administration or related field.
- Fluency in Spanish is an asset.
- Strong knowledge of labor and employee personnel principles, practices and methods.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills, as well as the ability to exercise sound judgment and arrive at sound conclusions.
- Knowledge of federal and state employment, civil rights and labor laws, rules and regulations.
- Knowledge or research and investigative methods and practices.
- Knowledge of mediation, negotiation, and conflict resolution methods and practices.
- Experience researching and analyzing statistical or informational data.
- Skilled in effectively utilizing written communication in the development of investigative reports, management reports, training guidelines, and written descriptions.
- Experience identifying, diffusing and mediating differences, and developing consensus.
- A driver’s license is required to visit the other local company office.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience and education. Excellent benefits offered including; medical, dental, vision, 401(k), flexible spending account, LTD, STD, life insurance, corporate discounts, free parking and casual attire.