Position Title: Legal Assistant – Entry Level
Industry: Law Firm – Legal Services
Location: Washington, DC (NW)
Status: Direct Hire
Salary: Approximately 37,000 – 42,000 annually
Fast-paced General Practice Law Firm is seeking a recent college graduate, with a Bachelor’s Degree, to add to their Intellectual Property Department. This is a fantastic entry level legal opportunity with a prominent firm. Our client is willing to train a sharp, focused, and self-motivated individual with a strong academic record.
- Prepare and file submission documents relevant to the prosecution of U.S. Patent Applications including but not limited to New Applications, Response to Missing Parts or Missing Requirements, Information Disclosure Statements, and Issue fees payments electronically to the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
- Manage daily docket of due dates regarding disclosures of prior references to the USPTO within statutory limits for submission and necessary certifications.
- Create client correspondence regarding the patent prosecution process and related formal documents.
- Perform legal research and document the results in legal databases.
- Regularly participate on project teams relative to position and overall areas of responsibility.
- Bachelor’s Degree with strong academic credentials required; Interest in the legal field, as demonstrated in undergraduate coursework, extracurricular activities, or prior jobs or internships.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and ability to learn new software is required.
- Outstanding organizational, administrative, and communication skills.
- Possess high attention to detail, a strong work ethic and is self-motivated.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, efficiently multi-task and produce a high-end work product in a fast-paced environment.
- Desire to build a career in the legal field.