Position Title: Food Buyer / Purchasing Agent
Location: Alexandria, VA
Status: Full time
- Perform sourcing and purchasing of at least $50 million in raw materials and equipment by developing and maintaining worldwide supply sources for premium food manufacturing.
- Participate in the research and development of product specifications to meet product requirements.
- Professionally negotiate agreements and contracts with suppliers and vendors.
- Manage vendor relationships and expedite delivery schedules.
- Process purchase orders and related documents.
- Prepare purchase orders and/or bids.
- Reduce cost of materials without compromising quality.
- Communicate with all levels of management and prepare detailed management reports.
- Maintain primary and secondary vendor supply options.
- Review invoices for payment.
- Minimum 3 years experience sourcing for raw materials that include beef, chicken, seafood, turkey and/or lamb at the corporate level.
- Experience negotiating prices, terms, and contracts with vendors and suppliers.
- Knowledge and experience with commodity price risks.
- Culinary experience is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Strong negotiating skills.
Salary is commensurate with experience and education. Free parking, excellent benefits and 401K offered.