Position Title: Human Resources Assistant
Location: Alexandria, Virginia
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: HR Manager
Status: Full Time, Direct Hire
Fast-paced Law Firm in Alexandria, VA has a new career opportunity available for an HR Assistant. Our client offers competitive salary, as well as medical, dental, vision, 401(k), profit sharing, 37.50 hour work week, generous time off plan, free parking and much more!
HR Assistant Position Summary:
- Assist with all on-boarding procedures to include processing background checks, creating offer letters, preparing and distributing new hire information and creating personnel files.
- Prepare and distribute employee changes to status and benefits.
- Assist with all off-boarding procedures to include updating employee records, and preparing employee discharge information.
- Assist with benefits administration to include preparing and distributing communications to eligible employees, enrolling new employees, updating any changes throughout the year, terminating enrollment for departing employees, and notify accounting of any enrollment changes.
- Assist with coordinating the review process for both support staff and attorneys by updating review charts, preparing and distributing communications for professional staff reviews, and following up with attorneys regarding completion of staff reviews.
- Prepare and conduct employment verifications.
- Assist with coordinating Human Resources events.
- Serve as back up to Administrative Assistant as needed regarding monitoring new HR laws, invoicing and distributing HR law materials.
- Serve as back up support to Recruiter.
HR Assistant Qualifications Summary:
- Minimum two years relative experience in a Human Resources Department; preferably in a professional services firm.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of on-boarding and off-boarding employees.
- Benefits administration experience desired.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and Word.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent proofreading skills.