Position Title: Human Resources Manager
Location: Sterling, Virginia 20166
Department: Human Resources
Industry: Food Manufacturing
Reports to: Vice President, Human Resources
Status: Full Time – Direct Hire – Exempt – Onsite
Core Business Hours: 8:30am – 5:00pm
Jones Networking is recruiting for a Human Resources Manager to oversee all HR operations within a manufacturing plant in Sterling, VA. Our client offers the opportunity for a long term, rewarding career with competitive salary, excellent benefits and growth potential. Benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) + company match, life and disability insurance, paid vacation & holidays, corporate discounts and much more!
HR Manager Position Summary:
– Responsible for maintaining the day-to-day HR operations of the plant. This position serves as a business partner to the Sterling Plant management team to ensure operations are running efficiently and on time.
– Manage, direct, and coordinate the Human Resource policies and programs covering the following areas: employee relations, recruitment, development and retention of employees.
– Lead plant level HR activity with particular attention to integration, talent management, retention, recruitment and employee relations.
– Implement and manage on-going policies, programs and procedures to foster understanding of and improvement of management, supervisory and employee relations.
– Act as an active member of the Plant Leadership team to ensure all HR topics and initiatives are discussed and represented.
– Manage the facility’s talent acquisition, on-boarding, development, promotion and departure processes consistent with existing practices and tools.
– Manage situations involving policy interpretation.
– Lead and mentor others to ensure consistent application of all rules and policies.
– Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues.
– Conduct effective, thorough, and objective workplace investigations and recommend resolution.
– Apply progressive discipline and coaching support to plant leadership and employees.
– Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity & retention.
– Conduct regular meetings with respective management team to remain current of the facility needs and challenges.
– Coordinate transportation for plant workers to ensure staff can arrive to and from work and monitor weekly transportation reports.
– Identify training needs for plant positions and ensure bi-monthly training is completed as needed for fire drills, safety and GMP.
– Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
– Support benefits administration for plant employees to include enrollment in benefits, troubleshooting coverage issues and administering leave of absences.
– Investigate injuries, maintain OSHA compliance, and injury reports.
– Facilitate administration of bonus payments, promotions, rate changes and step increases.
– Monitor sanitation team for scheduling and vacancies.
– Supervise and mentor 5 HR Professionals.
– Supervise 12 Sanitation workers.
HR Manager Qualifications Summary:
– Minimum five years of progressive experience in Human Resources.
– Bachelor’s Degree and/or Professional in Human Resources or SHRM Certified Professional desired.
– Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment while managing multiple high priorities with a large volume of employees.
– Strong leadership abilities to act in a manner that is respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
– Knowledge of general Human Resources practices and employment laws including, but not limited to OSHA and EEO regulations.
– Experience with workers’ compensation claims and investigations is required.
– Manufacturing environment experience preferred.
– ADP Workforce Now software desired.
– Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
If you’re ready to take the next step towards an exciting new career, visit www.jonesnet.com to view all of our current openings in Washington, DC, Baltimore, MD, and Charlotte, NC.