Position Title: Import / Export Coordinator
Department: Logistics / Purchasing
Location: Alexandria, Virginia
Status: Full time
Provide support with both outbound route planning and inbound freight management. Effectively route orders to ensure on-time delivery of product. Communicate with procurement, manufacturing, suppliers, shipping & receiving, carriers and transportation providers.
- Identify transportation requirements, handle freight bid negotiations and make carrier (UPS, Fed Ex, etc.) selection.
- Assist in establishing routing guides (domestic & international) to ensure lowest cost and greatest revenue while maintaining excellent service.
- Audit freight payment process for accuracy and timeliness through current freight payment systems.
- Prepare reports and explain financial performance related to managed freight.
- Promote movement of inbound freight on the company’s available fleet resources.
- Tender freight orders to preferred company carriers.
- Plan outbound delivery orders.
- Maintain accurate route plan data from daily routing sessions and report results.
- Perform ‘what if’ routing analysis and continually strive to find efficient ways to route and reduce transportation costs.
- Oversee all aspects of import/export logistics; work directly US Customs.
- Interact with USDA to handle inspections and various paperwork required.
- Minimum two years experience in a related logistics role involving both importing and exporting products via air and sea.
- Experience in inbound and outbound freight movement/tracking. (both domestic and international required)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Warehouse experience preferred.
- Experience working with US Customs and Border Protection. (import and export)
- Knowledge of USDA inspections.
- Forklift certification or experience an asset.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
Salary is commensurate with experience and education. Free parking. Excellent benefits offered.