Position Title: International Staff Accountant
Department: Accounting / Finance
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Full Time, Direct Hire, Non-Exempt
Jones Networking is recruiting for a Staff Accountant to assist with maintaining the financial records of a DC Law Firm’s international offices to ensure compliance with individual country requirements. Our client offers competitive salary, excellent benefits to include comprehensive healthcare coverage, 401(k) with employer match, flexible spending account, tuition reimbursement, generous vacation package, all federal holidays off, and many other benefits.
Staff Accountant Position Summary:
- Maintain and review client accounts for international offices.
- Prepare and review monthly inter-company transactions.
- Prepare and analyze foreign exchange gain/loss accounts.
- Coordinate treasury operations to ensure compliance with local regulations.
- Compile firm data for financial surveys for Foreign Governments.
- Assists with coordination of foreign year-end tax and audit reports.
- Initiate and participate in various projects, as needed,
- Assist tax staff, as needed, with other tax filings of the Firm.
- Assist general ledger staff, as needed, with other accounting needs of the Firm.
Staff Accountant Qualifications Summary:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance required, CPA and/or MBA preferred.
- Minimum one year of accounting or finance experience post college graduation.
- Public Accounting or audit experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills with a commitment to accuracy and thoroughness.