Position Title: IP Docketing Coordinator
Location: Washington, DC
Industry: Intellectual Property Law Firm
Status: Full time. Direct hire, Non-Exempt
- Responsible for docketing database accuracy and integrity.
- Mentor and train docketing specialists.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in IP docketing rules and procedures for U.S. and foreign patent, trademark and litigation applications and filings.
- Act as a team lead responsible for workload distribution and the review of records maintained in the firm’s docketing systems as needed to help prevent and minimize docketing errors.
- Review and consolidate dual docket systems.
- Research discrepancies and analyze the cause of these inconsistencies which will involve discussions with team members and docketing managers.
- Troubleshoot solutions and corrections as needed, which may include file review, mail review, and/or communication with department staff, including management, legal professionals, third party vendors and IT department personnel, as necessary in accordance with department service level agreements;
- Generate and proofread routine and special docket reports for quality (general docket reports, daily audit reports, status reports, discrepancy reports, annuity reports, etc.)
- Minimum seven years IP / patent docketing experience required.
- Minimum five years trademark experience preferred.
- U.S. and Foreign Filing experience required.
- Strong sense of pride in work product; while working under deadlines.
- Highly organized and able to multi task.
- Great leadership skills and experience training and mentoring newly hired team members.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office application.
Our client offers a competitive compensation package with excellent benefits.