||Position Title: IP Formalities Specialist
Industry: Intellectual Property Law Firm
Location: Alexandria, Virginia
Status: Direct hire
- Proofread Official Filing Receipts, Notices of Publication, Issue Notifications and Letters Patent to verify and ensure the accuracy of information.
- Prepare and e-file Supplemental ADSs, Requests for COFR, and Certificates of Correction.
- Review Office Actions to verify completeness and accuracy of due dates.
- Reach out to Patent Examiners to confirm information or to ask for correction.
- Thoroughly review the complete prosecution history of allowed applications to ensure there are no outstanding issues which have not been addressed and that all appropriate documents have been filed.
- Verify that the application is in condition for payment of the issue fee.
- Perform legal research regarding patent prosecution.
- Prepare miscellaneous legal correspondence and billing sheets.
- Patent Prosecution experience required.
- Excellent attention to detail with strong proofreading skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree is an asset.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, handle multiple tasks and respond quickly to changing responsibilities and priorities.
Salary is commensurate with experience and education. Metro accessible in Old Town Alexandria.