Position Title: Leasing Consultant
Industry: Residential Property Management
Reports to: Property Manager
Location: Arlington, VA
Status: Full time, Dircet hire
Leasing Consultant Position Summary
- Greet prospective tenants and answer general inquires about the property.
- Qualify propects by covering all required criteria needed to become a tenant.
- Record all telephone and in-person prospect visits.
- Inspect model apartments and available “market ready” units, and communicate related service needs to Property Manager.
- Tour community and apartments and/or model aparartments; communicating the features and benefits.
- Ensure prospects complete leasing application and secure deposit in accordance with the company procedures and Fair Housing requirements.
- Process applications for approvals; conduct credit checks, rental history, and references.
- Ensure apartment is ready for resident to move-in on agreed upon date.
- Assist in monitoring renewals. Distribute and follow-up on renewal notices.
- Prepare leases and complete appropriate paperwork; maintain resident files.
- Assist with resident retention activities.
- Maintain and record daily inspections for the community.
- Distribute all company or community-issued notices.
- Assist in managing social media accounts.
- Participate in outreach marketing activities on a regular basis to obtain prospective residents.
- Minimum two years experience in a residential leasing position.
- Fair Housing Certification preferred.
- MRI or Entrata experience a plus.
- Participate in training in order to comply with new or existing housing laws.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Demonstrate ability to diffuse and respond to customer concerns to avoid escalation of the problem.
- Successfully pass drug test and background check.
Salary is commensurate with relative experience, training and education. The Leasing Consultant is eligible for bonuses and commission. Excellent benefits, 401(k), free parking.