Position Title: Legal Recruiter
Industry: Law Firm / Legal Services
Location: Washington, DC (NW)
Department: Recruiting / Human Resources
Reports to: Director of Legal Recruitment
Status: Full Time, Direct Hire
Large Washington, DC Law Firm is seeking a Recruiter with legal recruiting experience. Our client offers highly competitive salary, amazing benefits that include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with company match, pre-tax transportation benefits, flexible spending account, generous PTO plan, all Federal holidays off, a floating holiday, and much more!
Legal Recruiter Position Summary
- Coordinate the Summer Associate Program and organize related social events.
- Prepare annual Summer Program budget and work with Manager to track summer spending against approved budget.
- Coordinate the on-campus interview program and callback interview process including law school registration and other related logistics, staffing of firm hospitality suites, scheduling callback interviews, and post-offer recruiting events.
- Work closely with school relationship managers regarding year-round recruiting initiatives on various law school campuses.
- Work closely with the Legal Recruitment Manager on lateral associate hiring. Prepare weekly reports for the lateral hiring partners and Management Committee.
- Draft annual year-end recruiting report for the Hiring Committee.
- Assist with training new recruiting team members on department policies, procedures and databases.
- Monitor and update applicant information in recruiting database – viRecruit – as needed.
Legal Recruiter Qualifications Summary
- Bachelor’s Degree in relative field required.
- Minimum three years legal recruiting experience in a law firm setting.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced skills in MS Word and Excel.
- Proficiency in viRecruit or other Legal Recruitment database.
- Availability for overtime work during peak seasons. (May through September)