Position Title: Litigation Paralegal (Personal Injury)
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Industry: Law Firm
Reports To: Workers’ Compensation Attorney
Work Hours: 8:30AM-5:30PM
Position Summary: Assist the Litigation Attorneys with Motions, Responses to Motions, and hearing preparation, discovery responses and sending discovery to defendants, research, etc.
– Reviewing medical records and pleadings.
– Preparing discovery responses.
– Reviewing and organizing client information and files.
– Reading and drafting legal documents.
– Prepare motions and responses/replies to motions.
– Answer discovery requests from defendants.
– Prepare pre-trial agreements, stipulated documents, and get files ready for hearings, subpoena witnesses, etc.
– Assist attorney with preparing contentions, opinions and awards, and briefs.
Additional Responsibilities: Provide back-up coverage to Litigation Case Managers.
– Education: AA degree or college education and relevant work experience.
– 3+ years of legal experience in a personal injury litigation environment.
– North Carolina experience required.
– Ability to write well and in an analytical manner and ability to persuade.
– Ability to multi-task.
– Working knowledge of Needles’ system a plus.
– Working knowledge of MS Office Suite products.
Salary and Benefits:
– Competitive salary.
– Generous health benefits package.
– Life and disability insurance.
– 401(k) retirement plan.
– Company perks including yoga, gym membership, and more.