||Position Title: Litigation Paralegal
Reports to: Paralegal Manager
Location: Washington, DC
Field: General Practice Law Firm
Status: Full Time, Direct Hire, Non-Exempt
Large DC Law Firm is in need of an experienced Litigation Paralegal. Our client offers competitive salary, growth opportunities, excellent benefits that include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with company match, pre-tax transportation benefits, flexible spending account, generous PTO plan, all Federal holidays off, a floating holiday, and many other advantages!
Litigation Paralegal Position Summary:
- Perform all elements of litigation case management, including file management, case calendar management, discovery, and trial activities.
- Facilitate the organization and retrieval of documents by and for the attorneys on the case team.
- Liaise between case team attorneys and support staff as needed to ensure that case-specific paralegal services are meeting the team’s expectations.
- Interact with outside entities (e.g. courts, government agencies, expert witnesses, corporations, vendors and other law firms) to gather information or coordinate activities as needed in support of firm activities, specifically trials and arbitrations.
- Draft, review, and/or analyze routine legal documents as requested by attorneys; conduct legal research under attorney supervision.
- Coordinate trial/arbitration logistics, including negotiating for work space, setting-up remote office space, and coordinating with vendors.
Litigation Paralegal Qualifications Summary:
- Minimum two years work experience as a litigation paralegal in a large law firm or a specialized litigation practice firm.
- Knowledge of all stages of litigation, including; intake, e-filing, discovery and trial.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or paralegal certificate required.
- Experience preparing for and attending trials, arbitrations and hearings.
- Experience with court and administrative agency filings, including electronic / e-filings.
- Experience using e-discovery databases. (e.g. Concordance, Relativity, Ringtail, etc.)
- Experience with cite-checking and Bluebook rules.