Position Title: Litigation Secretary
Department: White Collar Crimes
Industry: Law Firm / Legal Services
Location: Washington, DC (NW)
Status: Full time, Direct hire
- Support attorneys with litigation activities associated with white collar crime cases.
- Transcribe, type, draft and revise legal documents.
- Format briefs, pleadings and other legal documents.
- Create Tables of Contents and Tables of Authorities.
- Organize data for legal proceedings.
- Prepare and file judicial and administrative proceedings.
- Perform detailed legal research in court databases.
- Complete requests for conflict of interest checks and new matter openings.
- Work closely with various attorneys and practice groups to provide assistance throughout each phase of litigation.
- Schedule internal and external meetings and depositions for attorneys, managing a busy calendar.
- Assist with attorney time records and client billing support.
- Minimum 5 years of proven defense litigation experience in a law firm.
- Experience in commercial litigation, securities enforcement litigation, government and private investigations, white collar or other criminal defense litigation desired.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Proficiency with iManage an asset.
- Advanced skills with MS Word and Excel.
- Excellent writing, editing, formatting and proofreading skills.
- Stellar communication skills.
Excellent benefits offered. Metro accessible. Salary is commensurate with years of experience, training and education.