Position Title: Mass Tort Paralegal
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Industry: Law Firm
Reports To: Intake Attorney
Work Hours: 8:30AM-5:30PM
– Work as part of a dynamic team, including experienced and recognized Attorneys.
– Collect, review, analyze and organize litigation documents; prepare pleadings and discovery.
– Assist legal teams in multi-district litigation and serve as liaison to trial counsel.
– Monitor on-going case activity and pending deadlines.
– Regularly communicate with trial counsel and clients regarding their case and explain complex legal issues to clients.
– Schedule hearings with courts; prepare state court petitions and federal court complaints.
– At least 5-10 years (plaintiff) mass tort paralegal experience.
– Mass tort litigation experience.
– Paralegal certification or college program completed.
– Experience with medical malpractice preferred.
– Medical records experience.
– Experience with the “Needles” case management system highly preferred.
– Able to handle a large docket.
– A high level of professionalism and a ‘get it done’ attitude.
– Works well with others.
– A strong work ethic.
– Excellent written and verbal communication.
– Ability to prioritize and multitask.
– Highly responsible, detail-oriented and organized.
– Excellent customer service to clients.
– Proficient in all MS Office Suite applications.
– Bilingual is a plus (English & Spanish).
Salary and Benefits:
– Competitive salary.
– Generous health benefits package.
– Life and disability insurance.
– 401(k) retirement plan.
– Company perks including yoga, gym membership, and more.
– Relocation assistance available.