Position Title: Mechanical Installation Technician
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Currently seeking a Mechanical Installation Technician for a direct hire opportunity located close to the Charlotte Douglas Airport. The ideal candidate will have experience traveling to customer sites for installations and mechanical maintenance.
Position Summary for the Mechanical Installation Technician:
– Travel to different locations worldwide to install, repair, troubleshoot, and maintain machinery.
– Ability to read schematics (mechanical and electrical).
– The Mechanical Installation Technician is responsible for reading and understanding technical textile machine diagrams and manuals.
– Assist the Assembly Technician team to repair and assemble the different products when required.
– Troubleshoot complex system problems and provide input and suggestions regarding systems and processes.
– Repair or replace defective components and/or parts and return equipment to service level.
– Perform electrical troubleshooting and perform mechanical work on equipment.
– Assist customers with directions to troubleshoot, maintain, and calibrate systems when possible.
– Manage and complete all preventive maintenance work orders.
– Perform troubleshooting skills on down equipment and maximize run time.
Qualifications Summary for the Mechanical Installation Technician:
– At least 3-5 years of Field or Mechanical Maintenance Technician / Installation experience.
– An Associate’s Degree from a Technical College preferred.
– A High School Diploma required.
– Knowledge of proper use of all hand tools and major maintenance equipment.
– Must be able and willing to travel internationally on short notice.
– Must have experience maintaining and troubleshooting equipment.
– Candidates must have strong technical knowledge, but also be professional and have a high level of personal integrity and accountability.
– The Mechanical Installation Technician will continually look for opportunities to improve maintenance process.
– Works with all plant personnel in a cooperative and professional manner.
– Must have safe work habits and history.
– Ability to lift in excess of 55lbs.
– Ability to work well with others and interact with customers.
– Ability to work long days when necessary.
Training and Travel for the Mechanical Installation Technician:
– Following training, travel both domestically and internationally.
– International travel approximately 25% of the time will be required.
Benefits Summary for the Mechanical Installation Technician:
– Competitive salary.
– Medical, Vision, Dental and PTO offered.
– 401(k) retirement plan.