Position Title: Mechanical Technician
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina (South Charlotte)
– Travel to different locations worldwide to repair, troubleshoot, maintain and implement machinery.
– Ability to read schematics (mechanical and electrical).
– The Mechanical Technician is responsible for reading and understanding technical textile machine diagrams and manuals.
– Assist the Assembly Technician team to repair and assemble the different products when required.
– Troubleshoot complex system problems and provide input and suggestions regarding systems and processes.
– Repair or replace defective components and/or parts and return equipment to service level.
– Perform electrical troubleshooting and perform mechanical work on equipment.
– Assist customers with directions to troubleshoot, maintain, and calibrate systems when possible.
– Manage and complete all preventive maintenance work orders.
– Perform trouble shooting skills on down equipment and maximize run time.
– At least 3-5 years of field or mechanical maintenance technician experience.
– At least an Associate’s Degree from a Technical College.
– Knowledge of proper use of all hand tools and major maintenance equipment.
– Must be able and willing to travel internationally on short notice.
– Must have experience maintaining and troubleshooting equipment.
– Candidates must have strong technical knowledge, but also be professional and have a high level of personal integrity and accountability.
– The Mechanical Technician will continually look for opportunities to improve maintenance process.
– Works with all plant personnel in a cooperative and professional manner.
– Must have safe work habits and history.
– Ability to lift in excess of 55lbs.
– Ability to work well with others and interact with customers.
– Ability to work long days when necessary.
Training and Travel:
– Following training, extensive travel both domestically and internationally.
– International travel up to 60% of the time will be required.
– Competitive salary.
– Medical, Vision, Dental and PTO offered.
– 401(k) retirement plan.