Title: Mortgage Loan Processor
Location: Reston, VA
Industry: Residential Mortgage Lending
Reports To: VP, Operations & Risk Management
Status: Full Time
Jones Networking is recruiting for an experienced Loan Processor for a fast-paced residential mortgage lending company in Reston. This role serves as a liaison with clients and Account Executives. The goal is to effectively oversee and expedite the application process to meet high customer service and productivity standards. Our client offers a competitive salary, 100% employer paid healthcare, 401(k) with company match, long & short term disability insurance, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, and bonus opportunities.
Loan Processor Summary:
- Evaluate customer information, ensure validity of information and specify conditions for approval of customer applications.
- Maintain an open line of communication with customers and account executives throughout the loan application process.
- Review documents and verify data collected by sales staff is thorough, ensure program eligibility, and compliance with underwriting guidelines.
- Calculate income and verify DTI prior to submission to Underwriting.
- Follow-up on missing documentation from customers.
- Manage a pipeline of open loan files from set-up to disbursement..
- Enter preliminary HUD-1 information into the database.
Loan Processor Qualifications Summary:
- Minimum two years of recent mortgage loan processing experience.
- Working knowledge of Freddie Mac LP or Fannie Mae DUS and strong familiarity with conventional processing guidelines.
- Ability to quickly calculate income based on tax returns.
- Familiarity with reading personal tax returns.
- Ability to effectively work within a deadline-driven environment.