Position Title: Network Administrator
Industry: Law Firm
Location: Alexandria, VA
Status: Full time, Direct hire
Report to: Chief Technology Officer
- Manage a 24/7 network and disaster recovery operation.
- Manage and maintain 30 Microsoft Windows 2008 (R2) servers, Barracuda web filter, Fortinet firewalls, routers, Aruba wifi devices, and switches across three offices with 200 nodes in a 24/7 operation.
- Manage and maintain service provider connectivity including IP addresses and DNS for primary and backup lines in three offices.
- Manage and maintain network security including Fortinet firewalls, GFI spam filters, and Norton anti virus software, loading of security patches and hotfixes on servers, loading of new virus definitions, upgrades of firmware, and Sophos anti virus software for desktops.
- Manage and maintain disaster recovery site using WanSync, including transport of data, and conducting of disaster recovery testing on a monthly basis.
- Troubleshoot network issues relating to connectivity with servers, web filters, firewalls, routers, and switches, connectivity with branch offices, and interaction between servers.
- Maintain and manage servers and applications including MS Exchange 2010, MS SQL Server 2008, and Elite accounting software.
- Set up user accounts, roles, access, and privileges.
- Communicate with service providers regarding outages or issues with connectivity and work with service providers through the process until completion.
- Perform all aspects of Citrix, Netscaler and iManage support.
- Build new Microsoft Windows servers including loading of necessary drivers and components to allow network connectivity from a user workstation and interconnectivity with other servers while maintaining security of the infrastructure.
- Implement, execute, and verify systems backups and restoration using Arcserve.
- Work with telephone vendors to resolve connectivity issues with data and voice network.
- Provide end-user support for applications, including troubleshooting problems at the application server level.
- Research application issues and provide recommendations to correct issues.
- Responsible for creation of instructions and creation of documentation detailing problem resolutions.
- Provide contingency plans for servers / applications down, to allow continued network access.
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Server 2008 (R2), MS Active Directory, Group Policy, WSUS, Registry based policy, MS Exchange 2010, MS Sql 2008, Ldap, and security policy configurations.
- Minimum three years hands on Network Administrator / Systems Administrator experience.
- Experience working with multiple office locations is required.
- Advanced understanding of network topology, network protocols, interconnectivity of servers, IP addressing, and DNS interaction.
- Working knowledge of VBScript, PowerShell, Perl Script, PHP, SQL queries, advanced “hands on” experience with Office 2010.
- High end knowledge of infrastructure, routers, firewalls and interconnectivity between branch offices.
- Document Studio experience an asset.
- Experience working closely with service providers on internet and telephone issues.
- Experience with systems maintenance, security updates, virus updates, building servers, and Round-robin DNS / networks.
- Occasional travel to other branch offices as required. (Approximately twice annually for a couple days)
- Law firm experience highly desired.
- Relative Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Availability to provide “on call” support is necessary.
- Collaborative team player with excellent communication skills.
Highly competitive salary. Excellent benefits including generous PTO plan, healthcare, vision, dental, paid maternity/paternity leave, profit sharing, 401k, holiday bonus, and free parking in Old Town Alexandria.