Position Title: Network Operations Engineer
Location: Rockville, MD
Hours: First shift
Network Operations Engineer Position Summary:
Our client is looking to hire a highly motivated, best-in-class Network Operations Engineer for their Network Operations team to drive the stability and sustainability of their next-generation networks.
The ideal candidate will be expected to provide high quality first-tier network and network event management for a worldwide network operation. He/she will demonstrate an excellent knowledge of networking and networking concepts and theory, and have experience participating in operational network support for a large-scale enterprise environment. He/she will have a proven track record of success in driving complex issues to resolution autonomously and/or collaboratively. Typical days include troubleshooting network problems, handling network change requests, patching, performing moves, adds and changes, remote access changes which include VPN and Citrix changes, firewall changes, load balancer changes, adding additional network switches using existing technologies, decommissioning devices.
Network Operations Engineer Requirements Summary:
- Monitor the health of the environment using tools such as Solarwinds, OneView, and What’s Up Gold.
- Work with vendor support as needed to resolve issues identified.
- Track incidents in appropriate tools such as ServiceNow and JIRA.
- Deploy, monitor, and renew TLS certificates using customer provided PKI.
- Change GSS service account passwords according to policies and procedures.
- Perform operations and maintenance on systems.
- Provide the artifacts, security policies and procedures demonstrating its compliance with the Security Assessment and Authorization requirements.
- Ensure Data Center Locks are working as designed.
- Ensure Data center logs are in supply and archived per customer standards.
- Maintain Rack Elevation Drawings.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware incidents related to SANs, Fiber Channel, Server and Blade chassis components.
- Plan and upgrade software components on SANs/storage components such as SAN operating systems/Firmware.
- Resolve performance and bottleneck issues.
- Collect monthly Metrics for Dashboards.
- Develop Bill of Materials for new hardware and software purchases (that the customer will use for procurement actions).
- Participate as required in on-call activities.
- Provide services for scheduled maintenance, service affecting activities and contingency work outside of regular business hours.
Network Operations Engineer Position Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, MIS or related subject, or 5-8 years of relevant, related work experience.
- Ability to support in a 24×7 On-call duties.
- CCNA/VMWare/AWS or relevant certification preferred.
- Experience in Solarwinds, OneView, and What’s Up Gold
- Experience in monitoring and managing data center locks and logs
- Excellent knowledge on SAN / NAS / FC Switches / Tape Libraries.
- Hands on Experience with NetApp software, VMWare products, snapdrive,
- SAN Storage provisioning, Optimization an Implementation including Fiber Channel switches and Storage
- MS Windows and Linux Engineering, Optimization and implementation
- APC data center environment management for temperature and seismic alerts
- Enterprise Antivirus, Vulnerability and Patch Management for hosting platforms such as server firmware and operating system software
- Citrix Environment optimization and implementation
- knowledge of LAN/WAN/MAN Administration.
- Ability to work cooperatively and to function well in a team environment.
- Excellent customer interface skills.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a Public Trust background security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information. US Citizens preferred.
Compensation: Approximately 105,000 to 115,000/annually, based on education and experience.