Position Title: New Applications Specialist
Location: Alexandria, VA
Industry: Intellectual Property – IP Law Firm
Department: Patent Prosecution / New Applications
Status: Direct Hire, Full Time
Our client offers competitive salary that is commensurate with experience, training and education. The hours are 8:30AM – 5PM or 9AM – 5:30PM. Excellent benefits, generous PTO plan, 401(k), profit sharing, free parking, 37.50 hour work week, and much more offered!
New Applications Position Summary
- Perform all aspects of preparing, filing and reporting patent prosecution documents including New Applications, Information Disclosure Statements, Declarations, Assignments, Responses to Missing Parts, Preliminary Amendments, Powers of Attorney and Status Inquiries.
- Maintain independent caseload until issuance of first Office Action.
- Prepare letters in response to client inquiries.
- Review and file legal documents.
- Assist with client billing and docket support.
New Apps Qualifications Summary
- Minimum one year patent prosecution experience to include new applications or formalities experience for a law firm.
- Experience with WorkSite / FileSite and/or IPDAS an asset.
- Strong typing skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to perform with a sense of urgency under deadlines without sacrificing quality of work.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.