Position Title: Paralegal
Location: Alexandria, Virginia
Industry: Law Firm / Legal Services
Field: Family Law / Domestic Relations
Status: Full time, Direct hire
- Prepare, analyze, review and organize client files and discovery documents.
- Assist in the preparation, proofreading, editing and filing of all court documents.
- Provide support to assigned attorney with all aspects of cases; including preparation for trial, depositions, and mediation/arbitration.
- Draft pleading and assist with litigation.
- Obtain and prepare evidence for hearings and trials, research and confirm whether information obtained is accurate and can be used for specific cases.
- Prepare written reports for cases and arrange legal arguments if an attorney decides to file a lawsuit.
- Assist attorneys during trials, obtain affidavits, track files on important cases and discuss cases with attorneys and court officials in a professional manner.
- Abstract transcripts of depositions, hearings and trials.
- Paralegal degree or paralegal certificate highly desired. Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum one year paralegal or legal assistant experience.
- Knowledge of Virginia Circuit Court, Juvenile Court and/or Divorce practice procedures is an asset.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and internet research.
- Willing to train on Amicus Attorney and PCLaw; prior experience with either is an asset.
- Knowledge and experience in filing with the court and opposing counsel, as well as issuing subpoenas is a plus.
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and able to handle a full caseload.
Salary is commensurate with experience and excellent benefits are provided. (Health insurance, health savings account, life insurance, disability insurance, free parking, 401k, healthy work/life balance, etc.)