Position Title: Patent Attorney
Industry: Intellectual Property – IP Law Firm
Location: Alexandria, Virginia
Status: Direct Hire – Full Time
Jones Networking is recruiting for Junior to Mid-Level Patent Attorneys with a background in Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering. Our client is an IP Law Firm and offers a highly competitive salary, bonus opportunity, 401(k), profit sharing, free parking, generous PTO plan and excellent benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
Position Summary for the Patent Associate:
– Preparation and prosecution of complex US patent applications.
– Preparation of claim charts to products and standards, demonstrating infringement and validity.
– Conduct IP related due diligence.
– Manage docket of domestic and foreign prosecution.
– Develop portfolio strategies and effectively communicate with clients.
– Perform client counseling.
Qualifications Summary for the Patent Associate:
– Patent prosecution and patent drafting experience desired.
– Background in Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering; one of the three fields is required.
– Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
– JD Degree and admission to practice before the US Patent Office.
– Admission in good standing to a State Bar. (preferably VA)
– Excellent patent analysis ability.
– Strong communication skills to interface independently with clients.