Position Title: Patent Attorney
Industry: Intellectual Property – IP Law Firm
Location: Alexandria, Virginia
Status: Direct Hire – Full Time – Hybrid Remote
Jones Networking is recruiting for Junior to Mid-Level Patent Attorneys with a background in Electrical Engineering or Software Engineering. Our client is an IP Law Firm and offers a highly competitive salary, bonus opportunity, 401(k) with Firm match, employee assistance program, referral program, free parking, paid parental leave, generous PTO plan and excellent benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
Position Summary for the Patent Attorney:
– Preparation and prosecution of complex US patent applications.
– Preparation of claim charts to products and standards, demonstrating infringement and validity.
– Conduct IP related due diligence.
– Manage docket of domestic and foreign prosecution.
– Develop portfolio strategies and effectively communicate with clients.
– Perform client counseling.
Qualifications Summary for the Patent Attorney:
– Patent preparation / prosecution experience.
– Prefer experience in drafting applications for domestic clients.
– Background in Electrical or Software Engineering is required.
– Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical or Software Engineering.
– JD Degree and admission to practice before the US Patent Office.
– Admission in good standing to a State Bar. (preferably VA)
– Excellent patent analysis ability.
-Telecommunications or wireless network experience is preferred but not required.
-Strong communication skills to interface independently with clients.
If you’re ready to take the next step towards an exciting new career, visit www.jonesnet.com to view all of our current openings in Washington, DC, Baltimore, MD, and Charlotte, NC.