Position Title: Patent Attorney
Industry: Intellectual Property – IP Law Firm
Location: Alexandria, Virginia
Status: Direct hire
Jones Networking is recruiting for Junior to Mid-Level Patent Attorneys with a background in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering. Our client is a mid size IP Law Firm and offers a highly competitive salary, bonus opportunity, 401(k), profit sharing, free parking, generous PTO plan and excellent benefits package to include medical, dental and vision insurance.
Position Summary for the Patent Attorney:
– Preparation and prosecution of complex US patent applications.
– Preparation of claim charts to products and standards, demonstrating infringement and validity.
– Conduct IP related due diligence.
– Manage large docket of domestic and foreign prosecution.
– Develop portfolio strategies and effectively communicate with clients.
– Perform client counseling.
Qualifications Summary for the Patent Attorney:
– Patent prosecution and patent drafting experience.
– Background in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Computer Science required.
– Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Computer Science preferred.
– JD Degree and admission to practice before the US Patent Office.
– Admission in good standing to a State Bar. (preferably VA)
– Excellent patent analysis ability.
– Ability to interface independently with clients.
– Ability to work well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.