|Position Title: Personal Injury Case Manager
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Industry: Plaintiff Law Firm
Reports To: Firm Administrator
Work Hours: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Duration: Temporary to Permanent
– Interview prospective clients over the telephone or in-person.
– Open Insurance Claims and new files.
– Collect and analyze intake information.
– Collect all relevant documents.
– Fully investigate each case.
– Maintain contact with clients on regular basis.
– Verify insurance coverage and maintain contact with insurance company.
– Manage medical care of clients.
– Explain procedures or forms to clients.
– Prepare documents and correspondence.
– Draft settlement demand packages.
– Relay settlement negotiation from attorney to clients and adjusters utilizing demands/offers. in Client Profiles.
– Collect documentation of all damages sustained such as medical records, bills, and loss of income.
– Read, interpret and summarize medical records and reports.
– Organize and maintain case files.
– Organize tangible damages.
– At least 3-5 years of Personal Injury experience in a legal environment.
– Experience handling North Carolina and South Carolina cases is required.
– Must be familiar with relevant laws as it applies to personal injury claims, motor vehicle accidents and insurance.
– Knowledge of Needles software is required.
– Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
– Knowledge of medical terms and traumatically induced conditions is helpful.
– Knowledge of insurance coverage types and policies is helpful.
– Must have strong work ethic and be able to work well in a fast paces environment.
– Excellent people skills as the position requires a great deal of client contact.
– Able to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
– Able to prioritize work load and work under pressure.
– Well organized and detail oriented.
– Exceptional communication and written skills.
Salary and Benefits when Permanent:
– Approximately 35,000-40,000/annually, depending on experience.
– Generous health benefits package.
– Life and disability insurance.
– 401(k) retirement plan.