Position Title: Personal Injury Litigation Paralegal
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Industry: Personal Injury Law Firm
Work Hours: 8:30-5:00
The Litigation Paralegal is responsible for heavy client interaction, moving cases forward to conclusion, and providing administrative support to the attorneys. You will handle the flow of paperwork, calendaring, filing court documents etc. for each case assigned with high quality and in a timely manner.
– Assist with trial preparation, including preparation of jury instructions, trial exhibits and trial binders.
– Prepare subpoenas, pleadings and discovery, summarizing records and setting up/ scheduling depositions.
– Assemble and file motions and other legal documents with the court.
– Coordinate litigated files and interview clients.
– Review and summarize medical records.
– Draft correspondence and pleadings.
– Prepare and respond to discovery requests.
– Trial preparation.
– Must have at least 3-5 years personal injury litigation paralegal experience
– Both North Carolina and South Carolina litigation experience is highly preferred
– Experience with Needles Case Management Software highly preferred
– Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Gmail
– Paralegal Certificate highly preferred
– Professional appearance and demeanor
– Ability to organize, multitask, and work under pressure
– Ability to prioritize tasks according to importance
– Excellent talent for interacting with people in a positive and courteous manner
– Must be a team player
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
– Dependable, punctual, accurate
– Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
Salary and Benefits:
– Approximately 35,000-45,000/annually, depending on experience
– Generous health benefits package
– Life and disability insurance
– 401(k) retirement plan