||Position: Personal Injury Litigation Paralegal
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina (Uptown)
Reports to: Attorney(s)
Industry: Personal Injury Law Firm
Hours: 8:30AM – 5:30PM
– Assist with trial preparation, including preparation of jury instructions, trial exhibits and trial binders.
– Prepare subpoenas, pleadings and discovery, summarizing records and setting up/ scheduling depositions.
– Assemble and file motions and other legal documents with the court.
– Coordinate litigated files and interview clients.
– Review and summarize medical records.
– Draft correspondence and pleadings.
– Prepare and respond to discovery requests.
– Trial preparation.
– At least two years of Personal Injury Litigation experience in North Carolina
– Thorough knowledge of state court rules and procedures
– Professional, organized and pro-active with excellent communication skills
– Fast-learner, team-oriented, articulate, proactive, and calm under pressure
– Strong attention to detail and pride in producing exceptional work
– Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite; experience with Needles is helpful but not required
– Able to work independently, shift focus and adapt to changing priorities
– Excellent interpersonal, case management, organizational, planning, verbal and written communication skills
– Must manage confidential information with professionalism and unquestionable integrity
– Ability to handle large volumes of work in a fast-paced environment
Salary and Benefits:
– Competitive salary.
– 100% employer paid health benefits package.
– 401(k) retirement plan.
– Free parking in Uptown.