||Position Title: Pre-Litigation Attorney (South Carolina)
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Industry: Law Firm
Reports To: CEO
Work Hours: 8:00 AM – 6:00 PMPosition Summary:
Responsible for pre-litigation cases in addition to other attorney roles for the firm. Provides guidance/counsel on legal matters regarding the firm’s clients to staff as well as to clients directly. Provides staff training on legal matters.
- Settlement Appointments – Provides outstanding customer service to potential clients.
- Intakes – Reviews all intakes where appoints are set to meet with potential clients to ensure that they are cases that the firm would hand and provides initial direction to sign-up staff. Reviews all rejected intakes to make sure the firm is not rejecting any that should have been signed originally.
- Non-priority Cases – Provides attorney direction and provides appropriate leadership to staff for such things as denials, adjuster requests for information, client request to speak to an attorney, discussion of offers with clients as necessary, legal issues with providers, processing of client loan requests, and attorney support to the negotiators as well as other related duties that may apply.
- Client Satisfaction – Deals with any client complaints regarding the service provided by the firm (mail, telephone or direct).
- Closed Files – Deals with any legal questions or legal issues on closed files from clients, providers, subrogation claims and any other elevated legal client issues.
- Settlement Department Issues – Deals with any legal issues that arise during the settlement department’s preparation of files for settlement appointments; lien issues, settlement memo language, decisions on what to include in settlement memo and other related duties.
- Training – Responsible for all technical training and support for the supervisors in their departmental training efforts.
- In Partner’s absence, handles all legal issues such as client requests to speak to an attorney, customer service issues, and legal questions by the priority dept. staff. Reviews/approves sign-ups and gives initial direction on sign-ups.
- Juris Doctor required.
- Must be a licensed attorney able to practice in SC.
- 5-10 years of Personal Injury experience required.
- Desire to take a more administrative role vs a trial lawyer role.
- Training experience a plus.
- Ability to write well and in an analytical manner and ability to persuade.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Working knowledge of Needles system a plus.
Salary is commensurate with experience and excellent benefits are offered.