|Position Title: Production / Shift Supervisor
Location: Dulles, Virginia
Shifts available: 6AM-2:30PM or 2PM-10:30PM (Monday-Friday, some weekend work as required)
Status: Full time
- Manage and improve production processes to enhance product quality and maximize efficiency.
- Identify problems in the production process and assist with troubleshooting the best solution(s).
- Perform hand-on support, guidance and supervision to the Production Staff.
- Plan, assign and direct production work; participate in staff performance appraisals.
- Address employee issues and assist with prompt and efficient resolutions.
- Troubleshoot issues with production machinery.
- Actively work to eliminate hazards that may cause injuries.
- Organize and prioritize production needs.
- Assist with accident investigations.
- Ensure products are of the highest grade and up to production standards.
- Learn all facets of production positions to provide guidance to personnel and to serve as a back up to that employee as necessary.
- Create an environment that is conducive to teamwork.
- Assist with audits.
- Effectively collaborate with operations on continuous improvement projects.
- Data entry of production data; generate production reports for Operations Management.
- Minimum three years experience working in a manufacturing facility / production plant.
- Minimum two years experience leading, training and supervising production staff.
- Knowledge of production machinery / plant equipment.
- Strong mechanical aptitude preferred.
- General knowledge of safety requirements.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Dedication to process improvement and ensuring the manufacturing of high quality products.
- Availability to work overtime as necessary.
- Ability to lift up to fifty pounds
Salary is commensurate with years of experience, education and training.