Position Title: Professional Development Assistant
Location: Washington, DC
Industry: Law Firm
Reports to: Attorney Training and Development Manager
Salary: 40,000 – 43,000/annually
- Assist with administration of all internal training programs, including conference room bookings, food orders, coordination of technology, distribution of program materials and attendance tracking.
- Assist in managing the onboarding program for first year associates which includes orientation, in-house educational programs, coordinating skills training workshops, and social events.
- Assist with processing CLE applications and ensure CLE compliance by tracking and posting credits, and issuing certificates of attendance.
- Maintain CLE database (viLMS) by keeping roster updated, setting up compliance reports, and inputting data for attorney compliance reports.
- Assist in troubleshooting compliance inquiries, non-compliance issues, delinquencies or possible suspensions.
- Track bar admission status for laterals and new hires. Coordinate updates to bar status by informing appropriate departments. Maintain listing of state bar memberships.
- Provide administrative support such as preparing materials for new hire orientation, process department expenses, maintain department resources on intranet and post recordings and other relevant materials.
- Set up reports/evaluation groups and associate profiles in viDesktop for the AEC process.
- Prepare binders for AEC mid-year and year-end review process.
- Assist with evaluation correspondence (associate/attorney raise letters).
- Update files and databases with AEC information such as kudos from clients, mid-year reviews, raise letters, salary/class adjustments.
- Assist with administration of Pro Bono Committee tasks such as organizing files, opening new matters, processing and tracking charitable contributions, coordinating logistics for events and reporting.
- Bachelor’s Degree required with strong academic credentials; previous HR experience a plus.
- Approximately 2 years of general office experience required.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, and Excel and Outlook. Ability to easily learn other necessary software products.